Saturday, January 19, 2008

beadwork

This is what I do all year. Beading and hand embroidering. I made this piece for my wonderful friend Colleen Moody. I usually work with bright colors, this was the first piece that was mostly pastels and it turned out to be one of my favorites. Her house was recently remodeled and this goes beautiflly with her color scheme. Of all the fun things I do, these beaded pieces are my are my favorites!! I have done alot of them, some underwater, some of the night sky, mountains and even black bears. I love to collect the goodies I use in them, buttons(my fav), beads, sequins, trims, threads, you name it I think I have used it. Digging through piles of stuff, getting filthy hands and coming up with something wonderful to use!!!

1 comment:

Melissa Valeriote said...

WOW Sally! You are one patient and creative woman. It's a beauty!!